Letters in a Bottle – Advertising/Affiliate Disclosure
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by James Denning. For questions about this blog, please contact me.
The purpose of ‘Letters in a Bottle’ is to help regular people find information they need without all of the filtering and hassle that normally accompanies a search for the best “bang for your buck” on products and services I have dealt with personally. In other words I have direct experience with the items I recommend and I point you to where you can get them for the best price that I have found. Please let me share my research with you. It does take time to create all this content, so I do accept paid advertising, sponsorship, affiliate programs and other forms of compensation however this will not and does not influence my reviews in any way. Yes, I use these items but NO I do not recommend anything just because I advertise it for sale!
The Federal Trade Commission has rules for Disclosure Compliance for online media. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service. As ‘Letters in a Bottle’ has grown, so have costs associated with operation and maintenance of this site. Listed below are several ways I offset those costs.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- Any/all of the product links on Letters in a Bottle are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a very small commission. The price is the same for you, though so thank you for your support. Any commissions received are used to offset the cost of running this blog.
- If I post an affiliate link to a product, it is something that I personally use, support and/or would recommend, even without an affiliate link.
- I have never had items sent to me for free. If this were to happen it would be stated here. All of my opinions regarding any item are my own. I only endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
- If a post is sponsored by a company, I will disclose that within the post. I am very picky about what I recommend, and that holds true for sponsored posts. If it’s not something I would use personally, I won’t recommend it or post it.
- I may run network ads and Google AdSense, both of which I have some blocking control, but only if I know an ad that doesn’t fit the mission of LiaB is there. Please let me know if you see anything odd!
- Reviews here are my own opinion, and the companies in question do not edit or approve them in any way. They also don’t compensate me for reviewing the product. The bottom line? Reviews are free, between me and my readers.
- AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to: amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS DISCLAIMER
This site is for educational purposes only. It does not provide medical advice. Information found on ‘Letters in a Bottle’ site is meant to motivate you to make your own decisions based upon your own research so you must be responsible to perform your own due diligence.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice of any sort. Always seek the advice of trained professionals. Reliance on any information provided by ‘Letters in a Bottle’, others appearing on this site at the invitation of ‘Letters in a Bottle’, or other visitors to this site is solely at your own risk.
Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods, supplements, products or activities have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. By using this site you agree to these terms.
The terms and conditions here are subject to change at any time.
How to Contact Me
or by post to:
24822 Ervin Road – First Floor
Philomath OR 97370